For more information, contact:
Jillian Andrews Dubois
For Immediate Release:
The New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association to Hold SHERO Celebration Honoring Granite State Women Lawyers
In celebration of its 20th Anniversary in May 2018, the New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association (“NHWBA”) unveiled its SHERO Campaign to honor the women heroes of our members and friends.
Over the last year, a total of 70 SHERO honorees, women who are admired and serve as role models, have been nominated by their peers and colleagues with a donation in their name to the NHWBA. The nominees include both young and veteran attorneys, and those who work as solo practitioners, at large firms, and in the public sector. Judges, professors, and entrepreneurs are among those who have been chosen by their fellow attorneys.
Now, NHWBA is planning to celebrate these women. A SHERO Celebration will be held on Wednesday, May 15th at 6:00 p.m. at LaBelle Winery in Amherst, N.H. The evening will feature entertainment by New York City-based stand-up comedian, writer, TV personality, and podcaster Kath Barbadoro.
Of the event, NHWBA Board President Attorney Christina A. Ferrari said, “We all know the importance of empowering women, but studies have shown that it does not happen through overt acts as much as it should. We are going to change that!”
Distinguished attorneys and members of the judiciary from across the Granite State are already planning to attend this historic event. Tickets may be purchased online at www.NHWBA.org.
NHWBA is grateful to the sponsors who help make events like this possible, including Champion level sponsor Abramson, Brown & Dugan and Benefactor level sponsors Bernstein Shur and McLane Middleton.
Below is a full list of the SHERO honorees:
- In Memory of Nancy L. Ball - Formerly of Shaheen & Gordon, P.A.
- Eva H. Bleich - Abramson, Brown & Dugan
- Alexandra T. Breed - McLane Middleton
- Vera B. Buck - Bernstein Shur
- Heather M. Burns - Upton & Hatfield LLP
- Ashley B. Campbell - McLane Middleton
- Judge Susan B. Carbon - 9th Circuit Court - Family Division
- Dean Megan M. Carpenter - UNH School of Law
- Judge Jacalyn A. Colburn - Hillsborough County Superior Court-South
- Justice Carol A. Conboy - Retired from N.H. Supreme Court
- Doreen F. Connor - Primmer Piper Eggleston & Cramer PC
- In Memory of Deborah Jones Cooper - Former N.H. Deputy Attorney General
- Alexandra "Lexi" S. Cote - McLane Middleton
- Judge Martha Ramey Crocker - Milford District Court
- Chief Justice Linda S. Dalianis - Formerly of the N.H. Supreme Court
- Claudia Cords Damon - Retired, formerly of Sheehan Phinney
- Beth A. Deragon - Pastori | Krans, PLLC
- Samantha D. Elliott - Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell, P.C.
- Joni N. Esperian - Retired
- Christina A. Ferrari - Bernstein Shur
- Joan M. Fortin - Bernstein Shur
- Jennifer L. Frizzell - N.H. Women's Foundation
- Kelly J. Gagliuso - Bernstein Shur
- Susan S. Geiger - Orr & Reno
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg - Supreme Court of the U.S.
- In Memory of Claire L. Gregory - Former Assistant Attorney General
- Holly B. Haines - Abramson, Brown & Dugan
- Justice A. Barbara Hantz Marconi - NH Supreme Court
- Professor Lucy C. Hodder - UNH School of Law
- Susan B. Hollinger - Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell, P.C.
- Lauren S. Irwin - Upton & Hatfield LLP
- Linda S. Johnson - McLane Middleton
- Pamela K. Jones - NH Public Defender
- Barbara R. Keshen - Retired
- Suzanne M. Ketteridge - N.H. Public Defender
- Heather E. Krans - Pastori | Krans, PLLC
- Amy L. LaBelle - LaBelle Winery
- Connie Boyles Lane - Orr & Reno
- Elizabeth S. LaRochelle - Morneau Law
- Maria Holland Law - Rath Young Pignatelli
- Mary Susan Leahy - McLane Middleton
- In Memory of Marilyn Billings McNamara - Formerly of Upton & Hatfield LLP
- Prof. Eleanor H. MacLellan - UNH School of Law
- Maureen Raiche Manning - Law Office of Manning & Zimmerman, PLLC
- Kristin A. Mendoza - Bernstein Shur
- Kathryn H. Michaelis - Rath Young Pignatelli
- Katherine J. Morneau - Morneau Law
- Prof. Ellen J. Musinsky - UNH School of Law
- Amanda Nelson - Artium Amore
- Margaret H. Nelson - Sulloway & Hollis, P.L.L.C.
- Jennifer L. Parent - McLane Middleton
- Terri L. Pastori - Pastori | Krans, PLLC
- Pamela E. Phelan - Disabilities Rights Center - NH
- Connie L. Rakowsky - Rakowsky Mediation
- Marital Master Deborah Kane Rein - Hess Gehris Solutions
- Hilary A. Holmes Rheaume - Bernstein Shur
- Dianne E. Ricardo - McLane Middleton
- Emily Gray Rice - Manchester City Solicitor's Office
- Nancy Richards-Stower - Law Offices of Nancy Richards-Stower
- Jeanne S. Saffan - Upton & Hatfield LLP
- Talesha L. Saint-Marc - Bernstein Shur
- Jane M. Schirch - Shanelaris & Schirch
- Catherine E. Shanelaris - Shanelaris & Schirch
- Charla Bizios Stevens - Mclane Middleton
- Martha Van Oot - Jackson Lewis
- Marrielle Van Rossum - Sulloway & Hollis, P.L.L.C.
- In Memory of Gretchen Leah Witt - Former U.S. Attorney for the District of N.H.
- The Women of the New Hampshire Bar
- Sherilyn A. Burnett Young - Rath Young Pignatelli
- Anna Goulet Zimmerman - Law Office of Manning & Zimmerman, PLLC
The New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association is a statewide bar association founded to promote and support the advancement and interests of women in the legal community through leadership, professional interaction, education and the exchange of ideas between its members and the community. For more information about the NHWBA, go to www.nhwba.org.