The New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association (NHWBA), a 501(c)(6) non-profit professional association, promotes and supports the advancement and interests of women in the legal community through leadership, professional interaction, education, and the exchange of ideas between our members and the community. The NHWBA was founded in 1998 as a voluntary membership organization.
The Executive Assistant (“EA”) position supports the programming and operations of the NHWBA. The EA’s duties include assisting the NHWBA’s Board and Committees with administrative, marketing, communication tasks, and event planning. The EA reports to the all-volunteer Board of Directors and is directly supervised by the Vice President. The EA is responsible for supporting the Board’s consistent achievement of the NHWBA’s mission, and must have a full understanding of the Association’s mission, values, vision, goals, finances, budgeting, and cash flow.
This is a part-time position, and hourly requirements vary each month depending on the activities of the organization. The position requires: the ability to work remotely with minimal daily supervision or oversight; internet access; and limited travel within New Hampshire to attend meetings and events, mostly in the Concord and Manchester areas. A computer and external hard-drive will be provided. The EA’s work hours are flexible, and do not need to be, but may be performed at the same time every week.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; J.D. or J.D.-anticipated preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain productive communications and relationship with NHWBA members, sponsors, judges, and other key contacts.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn new communication platforms and software quickly.
- Proficient with social media to promote events and engage NHWBA members.
Additional Desired Skill Sets:
- Experience with event planning and management, including obtaining cost estimates, drafting proposals, and adhering to budgetary constraints.
- Experience working with a legal trade or professional association, law-related nonprofit and/or legal professionals generally.
- Experience working closely with an organization’s Board of Directors
- Experience with public relations, fundraising, marketing, and use of social media to promote the work of the NHWBA and expand membership.
- Experience using website content management systems or publishing platforms such as WordPress and communication tools such as Wild Apricot.
General Position Description:
The NHWBA is seeking well-qualified candidates to apply for its Executive Assistant position. This part-time position is estimated to require 7-12 hours per week; hours will vary depending on the time of year and activities of the organization, and there is no minimum guarantee of hours. Hourly compensation will be commensurate with experience, and pre-approved out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed. No benefits are provided. Compensation, job description, and benefits may change as the organization and position grow.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and references to Christina Ferrari at email@example.com, and include “NHWBA EA position” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will remain open until the position is filled.