A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has been identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, and which continues to expand. Cases have been identified in the United States, as well as many other countries. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and State and local health departments, including the New Hampshire (NH) Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Public Health Services' (DPHS), are monitoring this rapidly developing situation and new legislation and executive orders, both on the federal and state level, are being implemented daily to help minimize the impact of COVID-19 on our American and New Hampshire communities.
The New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association has pulled together a list of resources for our community members, both lawyer and non-lawyer, with a focus on providing information for small business owners, such as solo practitioners and small firm members, who may be disparately impacted by the effects of COVID-19.
Information on the spread of COVID-19 and what you should do to limit exposure or if you exhibit symptoms
- The State of New Hampshire has a set-up a dedicated resource line for COVID-19 questions and concerns. If you are within the state, dial 211 from any phone. Otherwise, you may call: 1-866-444-4211.
- The World Health Organization’s “Advice for the Public”
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America
Information regarding the New Hampshire state government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including executive orders, and the New Hampshire federal and state court system updates
- State of New Hampshire government website
- New Hampshire state court system
- US District Court - District of New Hampshire
Resources for attorneys, employees, and business owners:
- New Hampshire Bar Association’s resources for remote legal operations, including a virtual CLE on remote working to be held on March 24, 2020
- Federal disaster assistance loans to small businesses
- New Hampshire Department of Employment Security
- NH Div. of Economic Development - COVID-19 NH Business Resources
- NH Insurance Dept. - Information on Coronavirus COVID-19
- NH Insurance Dept. - FAQ about Business Interruption Insurance and COVID-19
- One New Hampshire lawyer’s summary of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- National Law Review Summary of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act