The NHWBA listserv is an e-mail group used to communicate with fellow members on matters relevant to the NHWBA’s mission to promote and support the advancement and interests of women in the legal community. You are encouraged to use the listserv to connect with colleagues on referrals, advice, and relevant information. If you are a member of NHWBA and would like to join the listserv, please e-mail our Executive Director, Gretchen Pyles, at Gretchen@nhwba.org.
Gretchen Pyles is the webmaster and will monitor all postings. Please note that you can be removed from the listserv for inappropriate postings. Please see below for the guidelines for using the NHWBA’s listserv.
RULES FOR USE OF LISTSERV
- Selling or marketing on the NHWBA listserv is not allowed.
- Please use a respectful, professional tone. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal messages are strictly prohibited.
- Do not post commercial messages.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- No attachments. Due to the prevalence of email viruses in attachments and other complications, do NOT send attachments with your emails to the entire list. You may send attachments to individual email addresses.
- Do not use the listserv in any way that could be alleged to violate anti-trust laws.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic in the subject line.
- If you create an Out of Office message, please program it so it does not go to the entire listserv, if possible.
- Law related e-mails including questions about legal issues should be kept very general in terms of factual background – we have judges, and possibly your opposing counsel on this listserv.
- Any email that is intended to trigger a discussion among listmates should include the title [DISCUSSION] in the subject line.
- Please limit your discussions to topics relevant to NHWBA’s mission: to promote and support the advancement and interests of women in the legal community.
- Please direct your reply ONLY to the person who sent the email so we don’t clutter email in-boxes with replies. If a message is labeled [DISCUSSION], you may respond to the listserv. Please make sure the [DISCUSSION] label is kept on the message title.
PLEASE NOTE: While we encourage a healthy and meaningful discussion on all legal issues concerning our membership, NHWBA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on the listserv by others. The NHWBA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on the listserv, whether posted by the NHWBA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the NHWBA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the listserv. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the NHWBA and users of the listserv the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information.
Questions? Contact Gretchen@nhwba.org.